The first installment of our optimum health series features 12 health and weight control tips you can start using today.
- Fat doesn’t make you fat.
- Eat no more than 25 grams of sugar per day.
- Do not count calories: Eat more REAL food more often.
- Do not skip meals. This puts your body into a stress/starvation mode, signaling to conserve energy and store fat.
- Chew your food and eat sufficient portions.
- Do not add refined sugar to any food or drink.
- Chose organic, grass-fed, free-range everything.
- Eat healthy fats.
- Avoid dairy, soy, corn and gluten.
- Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Practice stress reduction activities every day.
- Keep a food journal.
Richelle Melde is the Fitness Expert for News Channel 12 EVB Live show (Phoenix, Ariz.) and has been seen on Fox, CBS, NBC and ABC, as well as in the AZ Republic and Business Journal. She has a B.S. in Psychology, Sociology and Women’s Studies and is a CHEK Practitioner and Holistic Life Coach.