Julia Pels is an LA based stand up comedian, queer activist, model, actor, social justice warrior and humanist. She was recently named by WhoHaha as one of their favorite 35 LGBTQ creators in the nation. A few months later, she was written up in the UK (@unite_uk1) about her coming out experience and how that helped shape who she has become.
Julia also produces her own comedy show, KILLER UNICORNS that is a nationally recognized show. It was JUST written up in VULTURE and has been running for three consecutive years now.
1. Do you have any phobias? (please enumerate with embarrassing details)
Fear of heights (i was dropped on my head by the cheerleaders on my squad).
2. What song can you not get enough of right now?
Not Ready to Make Nice: by The Dixie Chicks
3. Which celebrity would render you totally star struck if you were to meet him/her?
Bill Hader & Kristen Wiig
4. What would be your best piece of relationship advice?
SLOW down! it doesn’t work until you’re ready.
5. If you could wake up tomorrow with one talent or skill you don’t presently have, what would you want that to be?
A skill I want would be able to read better. I have a reading comprehension disorder and I get sad that reading can be so challenging at times.